You rely on your bathroom plumbing every day, regardless of whether you think about it every day or not. Since your bathroom plumbing keeps your household running, here are some of the top tips we have for keeping it in great shape and preventing problems:
- If you don’t remember anything else, at least remember this: never treat your toilet like a trash can! Even things you may think are harmless, like tissues, wet wipes, and paper towels, should be kept out of the toilet and put into the trash instead. Nothing but human waste and toilet paper should be flushed.
- Hair is one of the biggest culprits for clogging up the drains in your bathroom plumbing. Invest in some mesh drain covers and place them over your shower, bathtub, and sink drains to keep your drains flowing.
- When you do run into a slow or clogged drain, resist the urge to use a chemical drain cleaner. Instead, try forcing the clog down by using a plunger. If this doesn’t work, call us for help!
- If you live in an older home, especially one that was built before 1970, chances are that your bathroom plumbing is outdated. Have us come in and perform an inspection to give you a better feel for your plumbing’s remaining lifespan.
- Make routine maintenance and drain cleaning a priority for your bathroom plumbing. There’s no better way to prevent major, costly issues than by catching them when they’re small.